pgtune (8) - Linux Manuals
pgtune: PostgreSQL Config Tuner
pgtune - PostgreSQL Config Tuner
pgtune -i $PGDATA/postgresql.conf -o $PGDATA/postgresql.conf.pgtune
Pgtune takes the wimpy default postgresql.conf and expands the database server to be as powerful as the hardware it's being deployed on.
- Specifies the current postgresql.conf file.
- Specifies the file name for the new postgresql.conf file.
- Use this parameter to specify total system memory. If not specified, pgtune will attempt to detect memory size.
- Specifies database type. Valid options are: DW, OLTP, Web, Mixed, Desktop
- Specifies number of maximum connections expected. If not specified, it depends on database type.
- Enables debugging mode.
- Directory where settings data files are located at. Defaults to the directory where the script is being run from. The RPM package includes a patch to use the correct location these files were installed into.
This man page is written by Miroslav Suchy for Fedora.