pptpsetup (8) - Linux Man Pages
pptpsetup: Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol setup
pptpsetup - Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol setup
pptpsetup --create <TUNNEL> --server <SERVER> [--domain <DOMAIN>] --username <USERNAME> [--password <PASSWORD>] [--encrypt] [--start] pptpsetup --delete <TUNNEL>
DESCRIPTIONPPTP Client is a Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD client for the proprietary Microsoft Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol, PPTP.
This script configures PPTP Client on Linux.
- --create TUNNEL
- create a tunnel named TUNNEL
- --delete TUNNEL
- delete the file /etc/ppp/peers/TUNNEL and any lines from /etc/ppp/chap-secrets that contains ``TUNNEL'' as a single word
- --server SERVER
- the IP address or host name of the server
- --domain DOMAIN
- the authentication domain name (optional)
- --username USERNAME
- the username you are to use
- --password PASSWORD
- the password you are to use. If you don't specify a password, pptpsetup will ask for one.
- whether encryption is required
- whether the connection should be started after configuration.
AUTHORNelson Ferraz <nferraz at gmail.com>, based on James Cameron's PPTP Client Debian HOWTO.
COPYRIGHTpptpsetup - Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol setup
Copyright (C) 2006 Nelson Ferraz
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
- PPTP Client Debian HOWTO
- PPTP Client Diagnosis HOWTO