tpm_setclearable (8) - Linux Man Pages
tpm_setclearable: disable TPM clear operationsTPM Management - tpm_setclearable
tpm_setclearable - disable TPM clear operations
tpm_setclearable reports the status of the TPM's flags regarding how the TPM can be cleared. This is the default behavior and also accessible via the --status option. Requesting a report of this status prompts for the owner password. The --owner option requests that the TPM disable clear operations (via the TPM_DisableOwnerClear API) disabling the owner from clearing out the ownership information. This operation prompts for the owner password. This operation is in effect until the current owner is cleared. The --force option (via the TPM_DisableForceClear API) disables using Phyiscal Presence to authorize a clear operation. This operation does not require authorization and will skip the owner password prompt. This operation is only in effect until a reboot.
- -h, --help
- Display command usage info.
- -v, --version
- Display command version info.
- -l, --log [none|error|info|debug]
- Set logging level.
- -u, --unicode
- Use TSS UNICODE encoding for passwords to comply with applications using TSS popup boxes
- -s, --status
- Report the status of flags regarding how the TPM can be cleared.
- -o, --owner
- Disable use of owner authorization for authorizating a clear operation until a new owner exists.
- -f, --force
- Disable use of Physical Presence for authorizating a clear operation until a reboot has occurred.
- -z, --well-known
Authenticate using 20 bytes of zeros as owner password (the default TSS Well Known Secret), instead of prompting for an owner password.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <trousers-users [at] lists.sourceforge.net>