upstart-dbus-bridge (8) - Linux Man Pages
upstart-dbus-bridge: Bridge between Upstart and D-Bus
upstart-dbus-bridge - Bridge between Upstart and D-Bus
DESCRIPTIONupstart-dbus-bridge receives information about D-Bus signals and creates init(8) events for them.
With no options, monitors signals on the D-Bus system bus and emits an Upstart event called dbus via a D-Bus system bus connection to Upstart.
When run with --user, monitors signals on the users D-Bus session bus and emits Upstart events via the private D-Bus connection to the users Session Init.
See dbus-daemon(1) and for further details.
- Always emit events on receipt of D-Bus signal regardless of whether jobs care about them.
- Detach and run in the background.
- Enable debugging output.
- Show brief usage summary.
- Monitor signals on the D-Bus session bus.
- Monitor signals on the D-Bus system bus.
- User-session mode: connect to Upstart via the user session rather than over the D-Bus system bus.
- Set a name for the bus to be passed as an additional argument to the event under the property BUS. Used to distinguish multiple D-Bus bridges.
- Enable verbose output.