alevtd (1) - Linux Man Pages
alevtd: webserver for videotext pages
NAMEalevtd - webserver for videotext pages
SYNOPSISalevtd [ options ]
DESCRIPTIONalevtd is http daemon which serves videotext pages as HTML. Tune in some station with a utility like v4lctl or some TV application. Then start it and point your browser to http://localhost:5654/
Pages may be requested either in HTML format (http://localhost:5654/<page>/ or http://localhost:5654/<page>/<subpage>.html) or in ASCII text format (http://localhost:5654/<page>/<subpage>.txt). Subpage "00" can be used for pages without subpages.
- print a short help text and the default values for all options.
- -v dev
- set vbi device (default: /dev/vbi0).
- enable debug output.
- Write a start/stop notice and serious errors to the syslog. Specify this option twice to get a verbose log (additional log events like dropped connections).
- -t sec
- set network timeout to >sec< seconds.
- -c n
- set the number of allowed parallel connections to >n<. This is a per-thread limit.
- -p port
- listen on port >port< for incoming connections. Default 5654.
- -n hostname
- set the hostname which the server should use (required for redirects).
- -i ip
- bind to IP-address >ip<.
- -l log
- log all requests to the logfile >log< (common log format). Using "-" as filename makes alevtd print the access log to stdout, which is only useful together with the -F switch (see below).
- -L log
- same as above, but additional flush every line. Useful if you want monitor the logfile with tail -f.
- -u user
- set uid to >user< (after binding to the tcp port). This option is allowed for root only.
- -g group
- set gid to >group< (after binding to the tcp port). This option is allowed for root only.
- don't run as daemon. alevtd will not fork into background, not detach from terminal and report errors to stderr.
- poll tv frequency, clear vtx page cache if a frequency change was detected.
AUTHORGerd Knorr <kraxel [at] goldbach.in-berlin.de>
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2000 Gerd Knorr <kraxel [at] goldbach.in-berlin.de>
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.