bsondump (1) - Linux Man Pages
bsondump: MongoDB BSON Utility
NAMEbsondump - MongoDB BSON Utility
The bsondump converts BSON files into human-readable formats, including JSON. For example, bsondump is useful for reading the output files generated by mongodump.
- --help, -h
- Returns information on bsondump options and usage.
- --verbose, -v
- Increases the amount of internal reporting returned on standard output or in log files. Increase the verbosity with the -v form by including the option multiple times, (e.g. -vvvvv.)
- Runs bsondump in a quiet mode that attempts to limit the amount of output. This option suppresses:
- output from database commands
- replication activity
- connection accepted events
- connection closed events
- Returns the bsondump release number.
Validates each BSON object before outputting it in JSON
format. By default, bsondump enables --objcheck.
For objects with a high degree of sub-document nesting,
--objcheck can have a small impact on performance. You can set
--noobjcheck to disable object checking.
Changed in version 2.4: MongoDB enables --objcheck by default, to prevent any client from inserting malformed or invalid BSON into a MongoDB database.
New in version 2.4.
Disables the default document validation that MongoDB performs on all incoming BSON documents.
- --filter <JSON>
- Limits the documents that bsondump exports to only those documents that match the JSON document specified as '<JSON>'. Be sure to include the document in single quotes to avoid interaction with your system's shell environment.
- --type <=json|=debug>
- Changes the operation of bsondump from outputting "JSON" (the default) to a debugging format.
- The final argument to bsondump is a document containing BSON. This data is typically generated by bsondump or by MongoDB in a rollback operation.
By default, bsondump outputs data to standard output. To create corresponding JSON files, you will need to use the shell redirect. See the following command:
bsondump collection.bson > collection.json
Use the following command (at the system shell) to produce debugging output for a BSON file:
bsondump --type=debug collection.bson
AUTHORMongoDB Documentation Project
COPYRIGHT2011-2014, MongoDB, Inc.