gribdump (1) - Linux Man Pages
gribdump: Decode GRIB products and display as text
NAMEgribdump - Decode GRIB products and display as text
- gribdump [-h] [-b] [-pprecision] [-e
errpath] [-g tabfile] [-q qspecs] [files ...]
- gribdump [-h] [-b] [-p
This program decodes GRIB products (embedded in WMO product envelopes) on the NWS High-Resolution Data Service (HRS) feed, writing textual representations of the products or summaries of the products to standard output.
- Headers only. Information from the Product Description Section and Grid Description Section is output, but no data values are output. The default is to output both headers and data values.
- Brief output. Only one line is output for each product, providing summary information of the parameter, grid, model, levels, time ranges, and other information.
- -p precision
- Precision used for printing floating-point values, if other than the 7-significant figure default is desired.
- -e errpath
If a GRIB product cannot be decoded, perhaps because it is truncated or
otherwise corrupted, it is appended to this file.
- -g tabfile
- Use GRIB-netcdf translation defined in this file. The format of this file is:
Grib;netCDF;long name ;units;comments 31 ;CI ;Sea-ice cover ;none ;(0-1) 34 ;SSTK ;Sea surface temperature ;K ; 151 ;MSL ;Mean sea-level pressure ;Pa ; 167 ;T2M ;2 metre temperature ;K ;
- -q qspecs
- Specification for how to expand so-called quasi-regular or thinned grids into rectangular grids. This argument is a comma-delimited text string that specifies the method of interpolation used (currently lin for linear or cub for cubic), and the latitude and longitude increments in degrees for the resulting grid (e.g. dlat=2.5,dlon=5.0).
- The path name of one or more files of GRIB products used as input. If no filenames are provided, GRIB products are read from standard input.
gribdump -q "lin,dlat=2.5,dlon=5.0" avn-x.wmo
DIAGNOSTICSError messages and log messages are written to the log file.