ipa-adddelegation (1) - Linux Man Pages
ipa-adddelegation: Add a delegation
NAMEipa-adddelegation - Add a delegation
SYNOPSISipa-adddelegation [OPTION]... name
DESCRIPTIONAdds a delegation named name.
A delegation is used to grant write access to certain attributes from one group to another.
- -a, --attributes=ATTRIBUTES
- A comma-separated list of the SM]attributes that may be written by the source group.
- Provide a list of common attribute names. This is not an exhaustive list.
- -s, --source=SOURCE
- The name of the group that is being granted write permission.
- -t, --target=TARGET
- The name of the group that will be written to.
- -v, --verbose
- Display the XML-RPC request and response for more verbose debugging output
- ipa-adddelegation -a telephonenumber,facsimiletelephonenumber,mobile -s secretaries -t everyone phones
Create a delegation named phones that will let anyone in the secretaries group edit the phone numbers of anyone in the group everyone.
EXIT STATUS0 if the delegation was added successfully
1 if an error occurred
2 if no not exactly one matching source group was found (0 or more than one)
3 if no not exactly one matching target group was found (0 or more than one