jconsole-java-1.6.0-openjdk (1) - Linux Man Pages
jconsole-java-1.6.0-openjdk: Java Monitoring and Management Console
jconsole [ options ] [ connection ... ]
Options, if used, should follow immediately after the command name.
- connection = pid | host:port | jmxUrl
Process ID of a local Java VM. The Java VM must be running with the same user ID as the user ID running jconsole. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details.
Name of the host system on which the Java VM is running and the port number specified by the system property com.sun.management.jmxremote.port when the Java VM was started. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details.
Address of the JMX agent to be connected to as described in JMXServiceURL.
The jconsole command launches a graphical console tool that enables you to monitor and manage Java applications and virtual machines on a local or remote machine.
On Windows, jconsole does not associate with a console window. It will, however, display a dialog box with error information if the jconsole command fails for some reason.
- Set the update interval to n seconds (default is 4 seconds).
- Do not tile windows initially (for two or more connections).
- Specify a list of directories or JAR files which are searched for JConsole plugins. The plugins path should contain a provider-configuration file named:
containing one line for each plugin specifying the fully qualified class name of the class implementing the com.sun.tools.jconsole.JConsolePlugin class.
- Output version information and exit.
- Output help message and exit.
- Pass <flag> to the Java virtual machine on which jconsole is run.
- Using JConsole
- Monitoring and Management for Java Platform