mdiff (1) - Linux Man Pages
mdiff: manual page for mdiff 1.2.2
NAMEmdiff - manual page for mdiff 1.2.2
SYNOPSISmdiff [,OPTION/]... [,FILE/]...
DESCRIPTIONmdiff - Studies multiple files and searches for similar sequences, it then produces possibly detailed lists of differences and similarities.
- -v, --verbose
- report a few statistics on stderr
- display this help then exit
- display program version then exit
- -T, --initial-tab
- produce TAB instead of initial space
- -l, --paginate
- paginate output through `pr'
- -S, --string[=,STRING/]
- take note of another user STRING
- -V, --show-links
- give file and line references in annotations
- -t, --expand-tabs
- expand tabs to spaces in the output
- -0, --debugging
- output many details about what is going on
Word mode options:
- -1, --no-deleted
- inhibit output of deleted words
- -2, --no-inserted
- inhibit output of inserted words
- -3, --no-common
- inhibit output of common words
- -A, --auto-pager
- automatically calls a pager
- -k, --less-mode
- variation of printer mode for "less"
- -m, --avoid-wraps
- do not extend fields through newlines
- -o, --printer
- overstrike as for printers
- -z, --terminal
- use termcap as for terminal displays
- -O, --item-regexp=,REGEXP/
- compare items as defined by REGEXP
- -W, --word-mode
- compare words instead of lines
AUTHORWritten by Franc,ois Pinard <pinard [at] iro.umontreal.ca>.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <wdiff-bugs [at] gnu.org>.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 1992, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for mdiff is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and mdiff programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info mdiff
should give you access to the complete manual.