readlink (1) - Linux Man Pages
readlink: print resolved symbolic links or canonical file names
readlink - print resolved symbolic links or canonical file names
SYNOPSISreadlink [,OPTION/]... ,FILE/...
DESCRIPTIONNote realpath(1) is the preferred command to use for canonicalization functionality.
Print value of a symbolic link or canonical file name
- -f, --canonicalize
- canonicalize by following every symlink in every component of the given name recursively; all but the last component must exist
- -e, --canonicalize-existing
- canonicalize by following every symlink in every component of the given name recursively, all components must exist
- -m, --canonicalize-missing
- canonicalize by following every symlink in every component of the given name recursively, without requirements on components existence
- -n, --no-newline
- do not output the trailing delimiter
- -s, --silent
- suppress most error messages (on by default)
- -v, --verbose
- report error messages
- -z, --zero
- end each output line with NUL, not newline
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by Dmitry V. Levin.
REPORTING BUGSGNU coreutils online help: <https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/>
Report readlink translation bugs to <https://translationproject.org/team/>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <https://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.