supybot (1) - Linux Man Pages
supybot: A robust and user friendly Python IRC bot
NAMEsupybot - A robust and user friendly Python IRC bot
SYNOPSISsupybot [options] configFile
DESCRIPTIONSupybot is a robust, user-friendly, and programmer-friendly Python IRC bot. It aims to be an adequate replacement for most existing IRC bots. It includes a very flexible and powerful ACL system for controlling access to commands, as well as more than 50 builtin plugins providing around 400 actual commands.
- Show version of program.
- -h, --help
- Show summary of options.
- -P, --profile
- Enable profiling.
- -n NICK, --nick=NICK
- Nick the bot should use.
- -u USER, --user=USER
- Full username the bot should use.
- -i IDENT, --ident=IDENT
- Ident the bot should use.
- -d, --daemon
- Determines whether the bot will daemonize. This is a no-op on non-POSIX systems.
- Determines whether the bot will allow its defaultCapabilities not to include "-owner", thus giving all users the owner capability by default. This is dumb, hence we require a command-line option to enable it.
- Determines whether the bot will be allowed to run as root. You do not want this. Do not do it. Even if you think you want it, you do not.
- Determines whether some extra debugging stuff will be logged by this script.
AUTHORThis manual page was originally written by James McCoy <vega dot james at gmail dot com>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Supybot license, a BSD-style license.