tracker3-extract (1) - Linux Manuals
tracker3-extract: Extract metadata from a file.
tracker3-extract - Extract metadata from a file.
tracker3 extract reads the file provided and extracts any metadata it can from this file, then displays the metadata on standard output.
The metadata is displayed as a SPARQL update command, that can be run against a SPARQL endpoint to update its copy of the metadata.
The actual extraction is done by a separate process. This is done to isolate the calling process from any memory leaks or crashes in the libraries Tracker uses to extract metadata.
- Choose which format to use to output results. Supported formats are sparql, turtle and json-ld.
Using command line to extract metadata from a file
- $ tracker3 extract /path/to/some/file.mp3
- Controls verbose log output from GLib-based code. Use G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=Tracker to see only Tracker-related logs, or G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all to see everything.
Enables more specialized debug output. Pass a comma-separated list of one or more keywords:
- extractor configuration
- show statistics about how many files were processed
- log the status messages that are published over D-Bus
- • /usr/lib/tracker-1.0/extract-modules/
- • /usr/share/tracker/extract-rules/