tsk_recover (1) - Linux Man Pages
tsk_recover: Export files from an image into a local directory
tsk_recover - Export files from an image into a local directory
SYNOPSIStsk_recover [-vVae] [ -f fstype ] [ -i imgtype ] [ -b dev_sector_size ] [ -o sector_offset ] [ -d dir_inum ] image [images] output_dir
DESCRIPTIONtsk_recover recovers files to the output_dir from the image. By default recovers only unallocated files. With flags, it will export all files.
The arguments are as follows:
- verbose output to stderr
- Print version
- Recover allocated files only
- Recover all files (allocated and unallocated)
- -f fstype
- Specify the file system type. Use '-f list' to list the supported file system types. If not given, autodetection methods are used.
- -i imgtype
- The format of the image file, such as raw. Use '-i list' to list the supported types. If not given, autodetection methods are used.
- -b dev_sector_size
- The size (in bytes) of the device sectors. If not given, autodetection methods are used.
- -o sector_offset
- Sector offset for a volume to recover (recovers only that volume) If not given, will attempt to recover all volumes in image and save them to different folders.
- -d dir_inum
- Directory inum to recover from (must also specify a specific partition using -o or there must not be a volume system)
- image [images]
- The disk or partition image to read, whose format is given with '-i'. Multiple image file names can be given if the image is split into multiple segments. If only one image file is given, and its name is the first in a sequence (e.g., as indicated by ending in '.001'), subsequent image segments will be included automatically.
The directory in which to save recovered files.
EXAMPLESTo recover only unallocated files from image.dd to the recovered directory:
AUTHORBrian Carrier <carrier at sleuthkit dot org>
Send documentation updates to <doc-updates at sleuthkit dot org>