razor-agents (5) - Linux Manuals
razor-agents: Collection of files for checking, reporting, and revoking
Razor-Agents - Collection of files for checking, reporting, and revoking spam
DESCRIPTIONVipul's Razor is a distributed, collaborative, spam detection, reporting, and filtering network. The primary focus of the system is to identify and remove all email spam from the internet. Visit the website at http://razor.sourceforge.net/.
USAGEFirst a razorhome directory should be created where log, conf, and cached server information will live. This is done via "-create" option to razor-admin(1). See man page for details.
You can immediately check spam using razor-check(1). See man page for details.
CONFIGURATIONAll Razor-Agents share a configuration file. The contents of the configuration file are detailed in the razor-agent.conf(5) manpage.
Config file is computed before razorhome, in the following order:
-conf=/path/file.conf used if readable, else <home>/.razor/razor-agent.conf used if readable, else /etc/razor/razor-agent.conf used if readable, else all defaults are used.
RAZORHOMEAll Razor-Agents also share a razorhome directory, where identity, logging, and cached information about servers is stored. Razorhome is computed after configuration file, in the following order.
-home=/tmp/razor/ used if readable, else 'razorhome' from configuration file used if readable, else <home>/.razor/ used if readable, else <home>/.razor/ is created. if that fails, no razorhome. NOTE: If there is no razorhome, razor-report and razor-revoke will not work unless you specify -ident=/path/identity razor-check will still work.
FILESBesides those listed at the end with their own manpages, Razor Agents also has the following files.
- Usually a symlink to identity file containing user+pass. Used by razor-report(1) and razor-revoke(1).
- Default log file. To change, edit razor-agent.conf(5).
- Cached list of Razor Servers. If more than one, they are ordered by closest ping time.
- Cached info for <name> server. The "srl" key in this file is compared against the server greeting, and if server's is greater, new cache info is retrieved from the server.
- razor-check -d -debuglevel=9 mbox
- Checks spam in mbox. prints numbers for those found to be spam. -d logs to stdout, -debuglevel=9 is verbose logging
- razor-admin -create -home=/home/chad/.razor -d -s
- Creates razorhome in /home/chad/.razor, log to stdout, does not connect to server (-s simulate).
- razor-report spam -debuglevel=0
- sends spam to server, with no log msgs.
AUTHORSVipul Ved Prakash, <mail [at] vipul.net> and Chad Norwood <chad [at] samo.org>
SEE ALSOrazor-agent.conf(5), razor-check(1), razor-admin(1), razor-report(1), razor-revoke(1), razor-whitelist(5)