geodesic (6x) - Linux Man Pages
geodesic: animates a mesh geodesic sphere.
NAMEgeodesic - animates a mesh geodesic sphere.
SYNOPSISgeodesic [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-mode mode] [-no-wander] [-no-spin] [-fps] [-delay number] [-speed number] [-count number]
DESCRIPTIONAnimates a mesh geodesic sphere of increasing and decreasing complexity. A geodesic sphere is an icosohedron whose equilateral faces are sub-divided into non-equilateral triangles to more closely approximate a sphere.
The animation shows the equilateral triangles subdivided into four coplanar equilateral triangles; and then inflated outward, causing the sub-triangles to no longer be equilateral, but to more closely approximate the surface of a sphere.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -mode mesh | solid | stellated | stellated2 | wire
- Face/edge display style. Default mesh.
- -wander | -no-wander
- Whether the object should wander around the screen.
- -spin | -no-spin
- Whether the object should spin.
- -fps | -no-fps
- Whether to show a frames-per-second display at the bottom of the screen.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 30000 (0.03 seconds).
- -speed number
- Animation speed. 2.0 means twice as fast, 0.5 means half as fast.
- -count number
- Depth (frequency) of the geodesic sphere. Default: 4.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2013 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.