noseguy (6x) - Linux Man Pages
noseguy: a little guy with a big nose wanders around being witty
NAMEnoseguy - a little guy with a big nose wanders around being witty
SYNOPSISnoseguy [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-text-foreground color] [-text-background color] [-font font] [-window] [-root] [-install] [-visual visual] [-mode mode] [-program program] [-filename file] [-text text] [-fps]
DESCRIPTIONA little man with a big nose and a hat runs around spewing out messages to the screen. This code (and its bitmaps) were extracted from the xnlock program.
OPTIONSnoseguy accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -font font
- The font used for the messages.
- -program program
This program will be run periodically, and its output will be the text
of the messages. Default:
xscreensaver-text --cols 40 | head -n15
You can configure the text printed through the "Advanced" tab of xscreensaver-demo(1), or by editing your ~/.xscreensaver file.
- -filename file
- If mode is file, then the contents of this file will be used for all messages.
- -text string
- If mode is string, then this text will be used for all messages.
- Display the current frame rate and CPU load.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
COPYRIGHTCopyright 1985, 1990 by Dan Heller <argv [at] danheller.com>.
AUTHORDan Heller <argv [at] danheller.com>, 1985.
Ability to run standalone or with xscreensaver added by Jamie Zawinski <jwz [at] jwz.org>, 13-aug-92.