idmapd (8) - Linux Man Pages
idmapd: NFSv4 ID <-> Name Mapper
NAMErpc.idmapd - NFSv4 ID <-> Name Mapper
SYNOPSISrpc.idmapd [-h ] [-f ] [-v ] [-C ] [-S ] [-p path ] [-c path ]
DESCRIPTIONrpc.idmapd is the NFSv4 ID <-> name mapping daemon. It provides functionality to the NFSv4 kernel client and server, to which it communicates via upcalls, by translating user and group IDs to names, and vice versa.
The options are as follows:
- Display usage message.
- Increases the verbosity level (can be specified multiple times).
- Runs rpc.idmapd in the foreground and prints all output to the terminal.
- -p path
- Specifies the location of the RPC pipefs to be path The default value is "/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs".
- -c path
- Use configuration file path
- Client-only: perform no idmapping for any NFS server, even if one is detected.
- Server-only: perform no idmapping for any NFS client, even if one is detected.
EXAMPLESrpc.idmapd -f -vvv
AUTHORSThe rpc.idmapd software has been developed by Marius Aamodt Eriksen Aq marius [at] citi.umich.edu .