kbuildsycoca5 (8) - Linux Manuals
kbuildsycoca5: Rebuilds the KService desktop file system configuration cache.
kbuildsycoca5 - Rebuilds the KService desktop file system configuration cache.
- kbuildsycoca5 [OPTIONS...]
The KService library uses this database to efficiently provide the information requested of it.
Users do not normally need to run this application directly; KService will run it if necessary, when any of the files whose data is cached are changed.
- Ignores any user-set files (in XDG_DATA_HOME). This is currently only supported on Unix systems.
- Rather than using the existing cache and only updating the information that has changed or been added, start with an empty cache. Ignored if --global is set.
- Ordinarily, kbuildsyscoca5 sends a signal over D-Bus once the cache is updated to all the applications that use KService so that they are always working with the latest information. This option suppresses that behaviour.
- Test the generation of the application menu database. Does not actually build the cache.
- Use the QStandardPaths "test mode" to avoid interfering with user data. This is intended for use with unit tests.
- Track a menu ID for debugging.
- Show author information.
- Show license information.
- Show a brief help text.
-v , --version
- Show version information.
- The KService cache generated by kbuildsycoca5. On Unix systems, cachedir is typically XDG_CONFIG_HOME
Please use m[blue]KDE's bugtrackerm to report bugs.
Darian Lanx <content [at] openprojects.net>
- Wrote the original documentation.
Alex Merry <alexmerry [at] kde.org>
- Updated the documentation for KDE Frameworks 5.