sge_shadowd (8) - Linux Man Pages
sge_shadowd: xxQS_NAMExx shadow master daemon
xxqs_name_sxx_shadowd - xxQS_NAMExx shadow master daemon
DESCRIPTIONxxqs_name_sxx_shadowd is a "light weight" process which can be run on so-called shadow master hosts in a xxQS_NAMExx cluster to detect failure of the current xxQS_NAMExx master daemon, and to start-up a new on the host on which the xxqs_name_sxx_shadowd runs. If multiple shadow daemons are active in a cluster, they run a protocol which ensures that only one of them will start-up a new master daemon.
The hosts suitable as shadow master hosts must have shared root read/write access to the directory $xxQS_NAME_Sxx_ROOT/$xxQS_NAME_Sxx_CELL/common, as well as to the master daemon spool directory (by default $xxQS_NAME_Sxx_ROOT/$xxQS_NAME_Sxx_CELL/spool/qmaster). The names of the shadow master hosts need to be contained in the file $xxQS_NAME_Sxx_ROOT/$xQS_NAME_Sxx_CELL/common/shadow_masters.
RESTRICTIONSxxqs_name_sxx_shadowd may only be started by root.
- Specifies the location of the xxQS_NAMExx standard configuration files.
If set, specifies the default xxQS_NAMExx cell. To address a xxQS_NAMExx
uses (in order of precedence):
The name of the cell specified in the environment
variable xxQS_NAME_Sxx_CELL, if it is set.
The name of the default cell, i.e. default.
- The name of the cell specified in the environment variable xxQS_NAME_Sxx_CELL, if it is set.
- If set, specifies that debug information should be written to stderr. In addition the level of detail in which debug information is generated is defined.
- If set, specifies the TCP port on which is expected to listen for communication requests. Most installations will use a services map entry for the service "sge_qmaster" instead to define that port.
- This variable controls the time for which xxqs_name_sxx_shadowd pauses if a takeover bid fails. This value is used only when there are multiple xxqs_name_sxx_shadowd instances and they are contending to be the master. The default is 600 seconds.
- This variable controls the interval between xxqs_name_sxx_shadowd checks of the heartbeat file (60 seconds by default).
- This variable controls the interval between attempts by a xxqs_name_sxx_shadowd instance to take over when the heartbeat file has not changed. The default is 240 seconds.
<xxqs_name_sxx_root>/<cell>/common Default configuration directory <xxqs_name_sxx_root>/<cell>/common/shadow_masters Shadow master hostname file. <xxqs_name_sxx_root>/<cell>/spool/qmaster Default master daemon spool directory <xxqs_name_sxx_root>/<cell>/spool/qmaster/heartbeat The heartbeat file.
COPYRIGHTSee for a full statement of rights and permissions.