ata_exec_internal_sg (9) - Linux Manuals
ata_exec_internal_sg: execute libata internal command
ata_exec_internal_sg - execute libata internal command
unsigned ata_exec_internal_sg(struct ata_device
* dev, struct ata_taskfile * tf, const u8 * cdb, int dma_dir, struct scatterlist * sgl, unsigned int n_elem, unsigned long timeout);
- Device to which the command is sent
- Taskfile registers for the command and the result
- CDB for packet command
- Data transfer direction of the command
- sg list for the data buffer of the command
- Number of sg entries
- Timeout in msecs (0 for default)
Executes libata internal command with timeout. tf contains command on entry and result on return. Timeout and error conditions are reported via return value. No recovery action is taken after a command times out. It's caller's duty to clean up after timeout.
LOCKING: None. Should be called with kernel context, might sleep.
Zero on success, AC_ERR_* mask on failure