mcdiff (1) - Linux Man Pages
mcdiff: Internal diff viewer of GNU Midnight Commander.
NAMEmcdiff - Internal diff viewer of GNU Midnight Commander.
USAGEmcdiff [-bcCdfhstVx?] file1 file2
mcdiff is a link to mc, the main GNU Midnight Commander executable. Executing GNU Midnight Commander under this name requests starting the internal diff viewer which compares file1 and file2 specified on the command line.
- Force black and white display.
- Force color mode on terminals where mcdiff defaults to black and white.
- -C <keyword>=<fgcolor>,<bgcolor>,<attributes>:<keyword>= ...
- Specify a different color set. See the Colors section in mc(1) for more information.
- Disable mouse support.
- Display the compiled-in search paths for Midnight Commander files.
- Used only if the code was compiled with S-Lang and terminfo: it makes the Midnight Commander use the value of the TERMCAP variable for the terminal information instead of the information on the system wide terminal database
- Displays the version of the program.
- Forces xterm mode. Used when running on xterm-capable terminals (two screen modes, and able to send mouse escape sequences).
COLORSThe default colors may be changed by appending to the MC_COLOR_TABLE environment variable. Foreground and background colors pairs may be specified for example with:
MC_COLOR_TABLE="$MC_COLOR_TABLE:\ normal=lightgray,black:\ selected=black,green"
- The help file for the program.
- The default system-wide setup for GNU Midnight Commander, used only if the user's own ~/.config/mc/ini file is missing.
- Global settings for the Midnight Commander. Settings in this file affect all users, whether they have ~/.config/mc/ini or not.
- User's own setup. If this file is present, the setup is loaded from here instead of the system-wide startup file.
LICENSEThis program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation. See the built-in help of the Midnight Commander for details on the License and the lack of warranty.
AVAILABILITYThe latest version of this program can be found at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/mc/.
BUGSBugs should be reported to mc-devel [at] gnome.org