lament (6x) - Linux Man Pages
lament: animates the Lament Configuration
NAMElament - animates the Lament Configuration
SYNOPSISlament [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-install] [-visual visual] [-delay microseconds] [-fps] [-texture] [-no-texture] [-wireframe]
DESCRIPTIONThe lament program draws an animation of a particular puzzle box repeatedly solving itself.
OPTIONSlament accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Use texture maps. This is the default.
- Do not use texture maps. This is boring and wrong.
- Only draw outlines.
- -delay microseconds
- How long to pause between frames. Default is 20000, or 0.02 second.
- Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
BUGSThis hack is glacially slow on machines lacking hardware texture support.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 1998 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
AUTHORJamie Zawinski <jwz [at] jwz.org>, 25-Jul-98.