dlaed1 (l) - Linux Man Pages
dlaed1: computes the updated eigensystem of a diagonal matrix after modification by a rank-one symmetric matrix
NAMEDLAED1 - computes the updated eigensystem of a diagonal matrix after modification by a rank-one symmetric matrix
- SUBROUTINE DLAED1(
- N, D, Q, LDQ, INDXQ, RHO, CUTPNT, WORK, IWORK, INFO )
- INTEGER CUTPNT, INFO, LDQ, N
- DOUBLE PRECISION RHO
- INTEGER INDXQ( * ), IWORK( * )
- DOUBLE PRECISION D( * ), Q( LDQ, * ), WORK( * )
PURPOSEDLAED1 computes the updated eigensystem of a diagonal matrix after modification by a rank-one symmetric matrix. This routine is used only for the eigenproblem which requires all eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a tridiagonal matrix. DLAED7 handles the case in which eigenvalues only or eigenvalues and eigenvectors of a full symmetric matrix (which was reduced to tridiagonal form) are desired.
CUTPNT and CUTPNT
The eigenvectors of the original matrix are stored in Q, and the
eigenvalues are in D.
The first stage consists of deflating the size of the problem
when there are multiple eigenvalues or if there is a zero in
the Z vector.
secular equation problem is reduced by one.
performed by the routine DLAED2.
The second stage consists of calculating the updated
eigenvalues. This is done by finding the roots of the secular
equation via the routine DLAED4
This routine also calculates the eigenvectors of the current
The final stage consists of computing the updated eigenvectors
directly using the updated eigenvalues.
the current problem are multiplied with the eigenvectors from
the overall problem.
- N (input) INTEGER
- The dimension of the symmetric tridiagonal matrix. N >= 0.
- D (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (N)
- On entry, the eigenvalues of the rank-1-perturbed matrix. On exit, the eigenvalues of the repaired matrix.
- Q (input/output) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (LDQ,N)
- On entry, the eigenvectors of the rank-1-perturbed matrix. On exit, the eigenvectors of the repaired tridiagonal matrix.
- LDQ (input) INTEGER
- The leading dimension of the array Q. LDQ >= max(1,N).
- INDXQ (input/output) INTEGER array, dimension (N)
- On entry, the permutation which separately sorts the two subproblems in D into ascending order. On exit, the permutation which will reintegrate the subproblems back into sorted order, i.e. D( INDXQ( I = 1, N ) ) will be in ascending order.
- RHO (input) DOUBLE PRECISION
- The subdiagonal entry used to create the rank-1 modification. CUTPNT (input) INTEGER The location of the last eigenvalue in the leading sub-matrix. min(1,N) <= CUTPNT <= N/2.
- WORK (workspace) DOUBLE PRECISION array, dimension (4*N + N**2)
- IWORK (workspace) INTEGER array, dimension (4*N)
- INFO (output) INTEGER
= 0: successful exit.
< 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value.
> 0: if INFO = 1, an eigenvalue did not converge
FURTHER DETAILSBased on contributions by
Jeff Rutter, Computer Science Division, University of California
at Berkeley, USA
Modified by Francoise Tisseur, University of Tennessee.