sgtsv (l) - Linux Man Pages
sgtsv: solves the equation A*X = B,
NAMESGTSV - solves the equation A*X = B,
- SUBROUTINE SGTSV(
- N, NRHS, DL, D, DU, B, LDB, INFO )
- INTEGER INFO, LDB, N, NRHS
- REAL B( LDB, * ), D( * ), DL( * ), DU( * )
PURPOSESGTSV solves the equation where A is an n by n tridiagonal matrix, by Gaussian elimination with partial pivoting.
Note that the equation Aaq*X = B may be solved by interchanging the order of the arguments DU and DL.
- N (input) INTEGER
- The order of the matrix A. N >= 0.
- NRHS (input) INTEGER
- The number of right hand sides, i.e., the number of columns of the matrix B. NRHS >= 0.
- DL (input/output) REAL array, dimension (N-1)
- On entry, DL must contain the (n-1) sub-diagonal elements of A. On exit, DL is overwritten by the (n-2) elements of the second super-diagonal of the upper triangular matrix U from the LU factorization of A, in DL(1), ..., DL(n-2).
- D (input/output) REAL array, dimension (N)
- On entry, D must contain the diagonal elements of A. On exit, D is overwritten by the n diagonal elements of U.
- DU (input/output) REAL array, dimension (N-1)
- On entry, DU must contain the (n-1) super-diagonal elements of A. On exit, DU is overwritten by the (n-1) elements of the first super-diagonal of U.
- B (input/output) REAL array, dimension (LDB,NRHS)
- On entry, the N by NRHS matrix of right hand side matrix B. On exit, if INFO = 0, the N by NRHS solution matrix X.
- LDB (input) INTEGER
- The leading dimension of the array B. LDB >= max(1,N).
- INFO (output) INTEGER
= 0: successful exit
< 0: if INFO = -i, the i-th argument had an illegal value
> 0: if INFO = i, U(i,i) is exactly zero, and the solution has not been computed. The factorization has not been completed unless i = N.