slaruv (l) - Linux Man Pages
slaruv: returns a vector of n random real numbers from a uniform (0,1)
NAMESLARUV - returns a vector of n random real numbers from a uniform (0,1)
- SUBROUTINE SLARUV(
- ISEED, N, X )
- INTEGER N
- INTEGER ISEED( 4 )
- REAL X( N )
PURPOSESLARUV returns a vector of n random real numbers from a uniform (0,1) distribution (n <= 128).
This is an auxiliary routine called by SLARNV and CLARNV.
- ISEED (input/output) INTEGER array, dimension (4)
- On entry, the seed of the random number generator; the array elements must be between 0 and 4095, and ISEED(4) must be odd. On exit, the seed is updated.
- N (input) INTEGER
- The number of random numbers to be generated. N <= 128.
- X (output) REAL array, dimension (N)
- The generated random numbers.
FURTHER DETAILSThis routine uses a multiplicative congruential method with modulus 2**48 and multiplier 33952834046453 (see G.S.Fishman,
aqMultiplicative congruential random number generators with modulus 2**b: an exhaustive analysis for b = 32 and a partial analysis for b = 48aq, Math. Comp. 189, pp 331-344, 1990).
48-bit integers are stored in 4 integer array elements with 12 bits per element. Hence the routine is portable across machines with integers of 32 bits or more.