queue (n) - Linux Man Pages
queue: Create and manipulate queue objects
struct::queue - Create and manipulate queue objects
SYNOPSISpackage require Tcl 8.4
package require struct::queue ?1.4.2?
queueName option ?arg arg ...?
queueName get ?count?
queueName peek ?count?
queueName put item ?item ...?
queueName unget item
DESCRIPTIONThe ::struct namespace contains a commands for processing finite queues.
It exports a single command, ::struct::queue. All functionality provided here can be reached through a subcommand of this command.
Note: As of version 1.4.1 of this package a critcl based C implementation is available. This implementation however requires Tcl 8.4 to run.
The ::struct::queue command creates a new queue object with an associated global Tcl command whose name is queueName. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the queue. It has the following general form:
- queueName option ?arg arg ...?
- Option and the args determine the exact behavior of the command. The following commands are possible for queue objects:
- queueName clear
- Remove all items from the queue.
- queueName destroy
- Destroy the queue, including its storage space and associated command.
- queueName get ?count?
- Return the front count items of the queue and remove them from the queue. If count is not specified, it defaults to 1. If count is 1, the result is a simple string; otherwise, it is a list. If specified, count must be greater than or equal to 1. If there are not enoughs items in the queue to fulfull the request, this command will throw an error.
- queueName peek ?count?
- Return the front count items of the queue, without removing them from the queue. If count is not specified, it defaults to 1. If count is 1, the result is a simple string; otherwise, it is a list. If specified, count must be greater than or equal to 1. If there are not enoughs items in the queue to fulfull the request, this command will throw an error.
- queueName put item ?item ...?
- Put the item or items specified into the queue. If more than one item is given, they will be added in the order they are listed.
- queueName unget item
- Put the item into the queue, at the front, i.e. before any other items already in the queue. This makes this operation the complement to the method get.
- queueName size
- Return the number of items in the queue.
BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACKThis document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category struct :: queue of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation.
KEYWORDSgraph, list, matrix, pool, prioqueue, record, set, skiplist, stack, tree