roman (n) - Linux Man Pages
roman: Tools for creating and manipulating roman numerals
math::roman - Tools for creating and manipulating roman numerals
SYNOPSISpackage require Tcl 8.3
package require math::roman ?1.0?
::math::roman is a pure-Tcl library for converting between integers and roman numerals. It also provides utility functions for sorting and performing arithmetic on roman numerals.
This code was originally harvested from the Tcler's wiki at http://wiki.tcl.tk/1823 and as such is free for any use for any purpose. Many thanks to the ingeneous folk who devised these clever routines and generously contributed them to the Tcl community.
- ::math::roman::toroman i
- Convert an integer to roman numerals. The result is always in upper case. The value zero is converted to an empty string.
- ::math::roman::tointeger r
- Convert a roman numeral into an integer.
- ::math::roman::sort list
- Sort a list of roman numerals from smallest to largest.
- ::math::roman::expr args
- Evaluate an expression where the operands are all roman numerals.
BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACKThis document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category math :: roman of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation.
KEYWORDSconversion, integer, roman numeral
Copyright (c) 2005 Kenneth Green <kenneth.green [at] gmail.com>