tixLabelEntry (n) - Linux Man Pages
tixLabelEntry: Create and manipulate tixLabelEntry widgets
tixLabelEntry - Create and manipulate tixLabelEntry widgets
SYNOPSIStixLabelEntry pathName ?options?
SUPER-CLASSThe TixLabelEntry class is derived from the TixLabelWidget class and inherits all the commands, options and subwidgets of its super-class.
STANDARD OPTIONSThe LabelEntry widget supports all the standard options of a frame widget. See the options(n) manual entry for details on the standard options.
WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS[ -disableforeground disableForeground DisableForeground ] The foreground color to use for of the entry subwidget when the LabelEntry widget is disabled. [ -label label Label ] Specifies the string to display as the label of this LabelEntry widget. [ -labelside labelSide LabelSide ] Specifies where the label should be displayed relative to the entry subwidget. Valid options are: top, left, right, bottom, none or acrosstop. [ -state state State ] Specifies the whether the LabelEntry widget is normal or disabled. Only the values "normal" and "disabled" are recognized.
Name: label Class: Label
- The label subwidget.
Name: entry Class: Entry
- The entry subwidget.
The tixLabelEntry command creates a new window (given by the pathName argument) and makes it into a LabelEntry widget. Additional options, described above, may be specified on the command line or in the option database to configure aspects of the LabelEntry such as its cursor and relief.
The LabelEntry widget packages an entry widget and a label into one mega widget. It can be used be used to simplify the creation of "entry-form" type of interface. In this kind of interface, one must create many entry widgets with label widgets next to them and describe the use of each of the entry widgets.
The tixLabelEntry command creates a new Tcl command whose name is the same as the path name of the LabelEntry's window. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form:
- pathName option ?arg arg ...?
- pathName cget option
- Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixLabelEntry command.
- pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...?
- Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixLabelEntry command.
- pathName subwidget name ?args?
When no options are given, this command returns the pathname of the
subwidget of the specified name.
When options are given, the widget command of the specified subwidget will be called with these options.