tixListNoteBook (n) - Linux Manuals
tixListNoteBook: Create and manipulate tixListNoteBook widgets
tixListNoteBook - Create and manipulate tixListNoteBook widgets
SYNOPSIStixListNoteBook pathName ?options?
STANDARD OPTIONSThe ListNoteBook widget supports all the standard options of a frame widget. See the options(n) manual entry for details on the standard options.
WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS[ -dynamicgeometry dynamicGeometry DynamicGeometry ] If set to false, the size of the ListNotebook will match the size of the largest page. If set to true, the size of the ListNotebook will match the size of the current page (therefore, the size may change when the user selects different pages). The default value is false. A setting of true is discouraged. [ -ipadx ipadX Pad ] The amount of internal horizontal paddings around the sides of the page subwidgets. [ -ipady ipadY Pad ] The amount of internal vertical paddings around the sides of the page subwidgets.
Name: hlist Class: TixHList
- The HList widget that displays the names of the pages.
The tixListNoteBook command creates a new window (given by the pathName argument) and makes it into a ListNoteBook widget. Additional options, described above, may be specified on the command line or in the option database to configure aspects of the ListNoteBook widget such as its cursor and relief.
The ListNoteBook widget is very similar to the TixNoteBook widget: it can be used to display many windows in a limited space using a "notebook" metaphore. The notebook is divided into a stack of pages (windows). At one time only one of these pages can be shown. The user can navigate through these pages by choosing the name of the desired page in the hlist subwidget.
The tixListNoteBook command creates a new Tcl command whose name is the same as the path name of the ListNoteBook widget's window. This command may be used to invoke various operations on the widget. It has the following general form:
- pathName option ?arg arg ...?
- pathName add pageName ?option value ...?
Adds a new ListNotebook page subwidget into the ListNoteBook widget.
pageName must be the name of an existing entry of the
hlist subwidget. You must create the entry before calling the
add command. Please refer to the tixHList(n) manual entry
for adding entries in an HList widget.
Additional parameters may be supplied to configure this page
subwidget. Possible options are:
- Specifies a TCL command to be called the first time a page is shown on the screen. This option can be used to delay the creation of the contents of a page until necessary. Therefore, it can be used to speed up interface creation process especially when there are a large number of pages in a ListNoteBook widget.
- Specifies a TCL command to be called whenever this page is raised by the user.
- pathName cget option
- Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option.Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixListNoteBook command.
- pathName configure ?option? ?value option value ...?
- Query or modify the configuration options of the widget. If no option is specified, returns a list describing all of the available options for pathName (see Tk_ConfigureInfo for information on the format of this list). If option is specified with no value, then the command returns a list describing the one named option (this list will be identical to the corresponding sublist of the value returned if no option is specified). If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given widget option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may have any of the values accepted by the tixListNoteBook command.
- pathName delete pageName?
- Deletes the page identified by pageName.
- pathName pagecget pageName option
- Returns the current value of the configuration option given by option in the page given by pageName. Option may have any of the values accepted by the add widget command.
- pathName pageconfigure pageName ?option? ?value ...?
- When no option is given, prints out the values of all options of this page. If option is specified with no value, then the command returns the current value of that option. If one or more option-value pairs are specified, then the command modifies the given page's option(s) to have the given value(s); in this case the command returns an empty string. Option may be any of options accepted by the add widget command.
- pathName pages
- Returns a list of the names of all the pages.
- pathName raise pageName
- Raise the page identified by pageName.
- pathName raised
- Returns the name of the currently raised page.
- pathName subwidget name ?args?
When no options are given, this command returns the pathname of the
subwidget of the specified name.
When options are given, the widget command of the specified subwidget will be called with these options.
EXAMPLEset n [tixListNoteBook .n]; pack $n $n subwidget hlist add page1 -text "Page 1" $n subwidget hlist add page2 -text "Page 2"
set page1 [$n add page1] set page2 [$n add page2]
button $page1.b -text "On page1" button $page2.b -text "On page2"
pack $page1.b pack $page2.b
When the user activates an entry in the hlist subwidget, the page associated with that entry will be raised to the front. This can be done by using the mouse or keyboard. The hlist subwidget operates with its -selectmode option set to single. See the event bindings of the HList widget for more details.