megareg (1) - Linux Man Pages
megareg: Register new Mega.co.nz account
megareg - Register new Mega.co.nz account
megareg [--scripted] --register --email <email> --name <realname> --password <password> megareg [--scripted] --verify <state> <link>
Registers new Mega.co.nz account. Registration is split into two steps:
--register: Creates a new non-verified account
--verify: Verifies account with the link that was sent to <email>
- Create new non-verified account.
--verify <state> <link>
- Verify account previously created by megareg --register. You need to pass <state> that was returned from megareg --register and a verification link from the email that was sent to <email>.
Email serves as your new account username, that you'll be using to sign in.
NOTES: Beware that ATM, email format is not validated by megatools.
- Your real (or fake) name.
- Plaintext password. No strength checking is done, so make sure you pick a strong password yourself.
- After registration, print the command that can be used to finish the registration in a format suitable for scripting purposes.
Enable debugging of various aspects of the megatools operation. You may enable multiple debugging options separated by commas. (eg.
Available options are:
api: Dump Mega.co.nz API calls
fs: Dump Mega.co.nz filesystem (may require --reload to actually print something)
cache: Dump cache contents
- Show version information
First create an non-verified account:
$ megareg --register --email your [at] email.com --name "Your Name" --password "Your Password" Registration email was sent to test [at] megous.com. To complete registration, you must run: megareg --verify vbFFFv7AFM25etzkFXLs9A==:Z7FFbgAAAAAAAAAArL33eA==:inEONh3tmwY @LINK@ (Where @LINK@ is registration link from the 'MEGA Signup' email)
Now wait for a verification mail and run the command as asked:
$ megareg --verify vbFFFv7AFM25etzkFXLs9A==:Z7FFbgAAAAAAAAAArL33eA==:inEONh3tmwY \ 'https://mega.co.nz/#confirmciyfWXRGFNcM...' Account registered successfully!
Part of the megatools(7) suite.
Report bugs at https://github.com/megous/megatools or megous [at] megous.com.
Megatools was written by Ondrej Jirman <megous [at] megous.com>, 2013.
Official website is http://megatools.megous.com.
Linux man pages generated by: SysTutorials