root (1) - Linux Man Pages
root: Interpretor of C++ for the ROOT framework
root - Interpretor of C++ for the ROOT framework
SYNOPSISroot [options] files ...
DESCRIPTIONROOTs Object-Oriented Technologies.
root is a interactive interpretor of C++ code. It uses the ROOT framework. For more information on ROOT, please refer to http://root.cern.ch.
OPTIONS-? Show summary of options.
- Run in batch mode without graphics
- Execute the command passed between single quotes
- Do not execute logon and logoff macros as specified in .rootrc
- Exit after processing command line macro files
- Do not show splash screen
- System-wide configuration file. <etcdir> either ROOTSYS, or something like /etc/root
- ROOT C++ class libraries. <libdir> is either ROOTSYS/lib or something like /usr/lib/root.
- The header files for the ROOT C++ class libraries. <incdir> is either ROOTSYS/include or something like /usr/include/root.
- ~/.rootrc, ./.rootrc
- User configuration file
ORIGINAL AUTHORSThe ROOT team (see web page above):
- Rene Brun and Fons Rademakers
COPYRIGHTThis library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Christian Holm Christensen <cholm [at] nbi.dk>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).