cube21 (6x) - Linux Man Pages
cube21: animates the Cube 21 puzzle
NAMEcube21 - animates the Cube 21 puzzle
SYNOPSIScube21 [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-install] [-delay microseconds] [-texture] [-no-texture] [-mono] [-wireframe] [-spin] [-no-spin] [-wander] [-no-wander] [-randomize] [-no-randomize] [-spinspeed number] [-rotspeed number] [-wanderspeed number] [-wait number] [-cubesize number] [-colormode arg] [-fps]
DESCRIPTIONThis program animates a puzzle known as Cube 21 or Square-1. Its moves are chosen randomly.
Cube 21 is a Rubik-like puzzle invented in 1992. Its specialities are that it can change its shape and even the number of possible moves. It can have more than 200 different shapes and the total number of configurations (assuming colors) is several tens of billions.
OPTIONScube21 accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -delay microseconds
- How long to pause between frames. Default is 20000, or 0.02 second.
- Use texture maps. This is the default.
- Use solid colors.
- Disable both texture maps and colors.
- Only draw outlines. Outlines of all pieces, not only the whole object, are drawn.
- Spin the whole object around X, Y and Z axes. This is the default.
- Do not spin, showing the same three faces all the time.
- Move the object around the screen. This is the default.
- Keep the object centered on the screen.
- Shuffle the puzzle randomly at startup. This is the default.
- Do not shuffle at startup, begin at the shape of cube.
- -spinspeed number
- The relative speed of spinning. Default is 1.0.
- -rotspeed number
- The relative speed of the moves. Default is 3.0. Setting to ≤ 0.0 makes the object stay at one configuration.
- -wanderspeed number
- The relative speed of wandering around the screen. Default is 1.0.
- -wait number
- How long to stay at ending position after each move. The meaning of the argument is again relative. Default is 40.0.
- -cubesize number
- Size of the object. Value of 3.0 fills roughly all the screen (its height). Default is 0.7.
- -colormode argument
How many and which colors should the object have. The colors are put on the piece
faces so that the puzzle is solvable. The inner faces are not influenced.
- se or silver
- Simulate the "Silver Edition" - white and one random color.
- 2 or two
- Two random colors.
- ce or classic
- Simulate the "Classic Edition" - white, yellow, orange, red, green and blue.
- 6 or six
- Six random colors.
- 1 or random or rnd
- One random color.
- Anything else
- All faces white.
- Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2005 by Vaclav Potocek. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
AUTHORVaclav (Vasek) Potocek <vasek.potocek [at] post.cz>, 30-Aug-05.