zonec (8) - Linux Man Pages
zonec: NSD zone compiler version 3.2.4.
zonec - NSD zone compiler version 3.2.4.
It is normally invoked via nsdc(8) rebuild command. Zonec will then parse every zone in nsd.conf(5) file and add it to the name space database, /var/db/nsd/nsd.db by default, that is used by nsd(8) to answer incoming queries.
- -c configfile
- Read specified configfile instead of the default /etc/nsd/nsd.conf.
- No config file is read (use with -f, -o and -z).
- -d directory
- Change the working directory to directory before doing any work. Overrides zonesdir: option in config file.
- -f database
- Create the specified database instead of the file specified as database: in the config file.
- -o origin
- Use this as the first origin. Zone information is read from zonefile specified with -z. When reading zones from config file this option is ignored.
- -z zonefile
- Reads all zone information from zonefile. If zonefile equals `-`, then all zone information is read from stdin, making constructs like:
- # cat zones* | ./zonec -C -f nsd.db -o example.net -z -
- possible. When reading zones from config file this option is ignored.
- Increase the verbosity of zonec. This flag can be specified multiple times to increase the level of verbosity. The first level of verbosity will print per zone summary information. The second level of will print progress information for each 10,000 RRs processed.
- Set debug facilities. (If compiled with --enable-checking.)
- Set debug level. (If compiled with --enable-checking.)
- default NSD database
- default NSD configuration file
Zonec has rather weak error diagnostics that will change in further versions. Zonec expects the input files to be free of syntax errors and very little fool proof checks are done.