avahi-dnsconfd.action (8) - Linux Manuals
avahi-dnsconfd.action: avahi-dnsconfd action script
NAMEavahi-dnsconfd.action - avahi-dnsconfd action script
DESCRIPTIONavahi-dnsconfd.action is the action script that is called whenever a new unicast DNS server is found or removed by avahi-dnsconfd. The default script as shipped with avahi patches /etc/resolv.conf to reflect the changed unicast DNS server configuration.
- argv Contains the character "+" if the DNS server is new, "-" when it shall be removed from the DNS server list.
- argv The IP address of the DNS server.
- argv Numerical network interface number this DNS server was found on.
- argv Numerical protocol number this DNS server was found on. (usually 2 for IPv4 and 10 for IPv6)
- AVAHI_INTERFACE Contains the textual interface name the corresponds with argv. (e.g. "eth0")
- AVAHI_INTERFACE_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS servers that avahi-dnsconfd found on the interface $AVAHI_INTERFACE, separated by spaces.
- AVAHI_DNS_SERVERS Contains a list of all DNS server that avahi-dnsconfd found on all interfaces, separated by spaces.
AUTHORSThe Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/
COMMENTSThis man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth.