pq2-verify (1) - Linux Man Pages
pq2-verify: Extract the content one or more datasets from a dataset meta-repository based on ROOT files
pq2-verify - Extract the content one or more datasets from a dataset meta-repository based on ROOT files
SYNOPSISpq2-verify [options] dataset
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the pq2-verify program.
pq2-verify is a script invoking the pq2 ROOT application to extract the content one or more datasets from a dataset meta-repository based on ROOT files; the repository can be accessed via the local file system or a remote file server daemon or a PROOF facility.
More details about the underlying 'pq2' application can be found in the man page pq2(1).
- Datasets to be analysed; the '*' wild card in the items (in such a case the full string, as shown by pq2-ls, should be given, e.g. '/default/ganis/h1-set5*'.
- -h, --help
- Display help information.
- -k, --keep
- Keep the temporary files created during the analysis under $TMPDIR
- Verbose mode
- -d <dataset>, --dataset=<dataset>
- Alternative way to define the datasets to be analyzed
- -o <options>
Options for veriying datasets. These allow to control: the subset selection; the pre-processing actions;
and the processing action.
Options controlling the file sample: A process all files D process only files marked as staged ('on Disk') (if 'A' is not specified the default is to process only files marked as non-staged) Options controlling the pre-processing actions done on the selected sample or the complementary: O open the files marked as staged when processing only files marked as non-staged T open and touch the files marked as staged when processing only files marked as non-staged I do not check the actual stage status on selected files (by default the stage status is checked) Options controlling the action performed on the selected files: N do nothing P open the selected files and extract the meta information L only locate the selected files S issue a stage request for the selected files not yet staged Miscellanea V notify the actionsNot all the combinations of the above options are allowed; an error is printed when an incosistency is found.
- URL to be used to relocate the files.
- -u <serverurl>, --url=<serverurl>
- URL of the PROOF master or data server providing the information; for data servers, it must include the directory. Can also be specified via the environment variables PQ2PROOFURL or PQ2DSSRVURL (see ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES)."
- -t <dir>, --tmpdir=<dir>
- Directory for temporary files; defualt is /tmp/<username>.
RETURNThe pq2-verify script returns -1 if any error occurs (connection failed; dataset does not exists) and >=0 in case of success. A return code of 1 indicates that some of the files in the dataset are not yet online (staged); this can be used to trigger automatic retries in scripts while waiting for stage-in operations.
- 1. Update the 'is-staged' bit for all the files in a dataset
$ pq2-verify -o "AN" /default/pippo/mydset
- 2. Issue a locate request for all the files in a dataset
$ pq2-verify -o "AL" /default/pippo/mydset
ENVIRONMENT VARIABLESSee setup-pq2(1).
ORIGINAL AUTHORSGerardo Ganis for the ROOT team.
COPYRIGHTThis library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
AUTHORThis manual page was originally written by Gerardo Ganis <gerardo.ganis [at] cern.ch>, for ROOT version 5.