xmms2-launcher (1) - Linux Man Pages
xmms2-launcher: XMMS2 daemon launcher
NAMExmms2-launcher - XMMS2 daemon launcher
SYNOPSISxmms2-launcher [ -? / --help ] xmms2-launcher [ -l logfile / --logfile= logfile] [ -P pidfile / --pidfile= pidfile]
XMMS2 is a redesign of the XMMS (http://www.xmms.org) music player. It features a client-server model, allowing multiple (even simultaneous!) user interfaces, both textual and graphical. All common audio formats are supported using plugins. On top of this, there is a flexible media library to organise your music.
xmms2-launcher starts xmms2d(1) in the background. The main feature is that it does not exit until the IPC system of XMMS2 is available, meaning that as soon as the xmms2-launcher process has exited successfully xmms2d(1) is ready to accept commands.
xmms2-launcher includes command line options to change the way in which the daemon is invoked.
- -l logfile / --logfile=logfile
- Write log file to logfile instead of the default log file location
- - P pidfile / --pidfile=pidfile
- Write the pid of xmms2d to the file specified by pidfile
- -? / --help
- Show help options
- The default location for a file where the log output of xmms2d(1) is redirected. Usually ~/.cache/xmms2/xmms2d.log.
HISTORYThe XMMS2 Project was started by Tobias Rundström and Anders Gustafsson. It is developed with their lead by a small group of contributers from all over the world.
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Alexander Botero-Lowry <alex [at] foxybanana.com>