nsd-xfer (8) - Linux Manuals
nsd-xfer: AXFR client to transfer zones from a name server
nsd-xfer - AXFR client to transfer zones from a name server
nsd-xfer [-4] [-6] [-a address[@port]] [-p port] [-s serial] [-T tsiginfo] [-v] -z zone -f file servers
Nsd-xfer is program to transfer zones from a name server using AXFR. NSD is a complete implementation of an authoritative DNS nameserver.
- Only send to IPv4 addresses.
- Only send to IPv6 addresses.
- -a address[@port]
- Specify the source address (and port) to send from.
- -f file
- The file to store the zone in.
- -p port
- Specify the port to send to.
- -s serial
- Specify the serial of the current zone. The zone is only transferred if the master server has a zone with a greater serial number.
- -T tsiginfo
- Use TSIG to verify the zone transfer. The tsiginfo file must contain the TSIG key information. The file is removed upon successful reading of the key.
- Be more verbose.
- -z zone
- Specify the zone to receive.
- List of nameservers to try.
To run this program the standard way type:
# nsd-xfer -z foobar.cz -f foobar.cz.zone 188.8.131.52
NSD was written by NLnet Labs and RIPE NCC joint team. Please see CREDITS file in the distribution for further details.
nsd(8), nsdc(8), nsd.conf(5), nsd-checkconf(8), nsd-notify(8), nsd-patch(8), zonec(8)