arm4_daemon (1) - Linux Man Pages
arm4_daemon: ARM 4 collection agent
NAMEarm4_daemon - ARM 4 collection agent
arm4_daemon [--verbose|-v] [--debug|-d]
DESCRIPTIONThe arm4_daemon program collects ARM 4 measurement data from the ARM 4 libraries and saves the measurements in a local database. While there will normally be many instances of the instrumented applications, there will typically be only one instance of the arm4_daemon running at a time.
CONFIGURATIONConfiguration options are set in the configuration file. The default configuration is /etc/arm4.conf, although this can be overridden using the --config command line option. See arm4.conf(5) for more information.
DATAFILESThe arm4_daemon program uses the Berkeley database to store transaction information. Rather than a single file, this database uses separate files fore each database table. For simplicity, all database files are stored in a single directory. Therefore specifying a database or database archive location is really specifying the directory in which the files are stored. The default location for the database files is /var/lib/arm4/data. For backup files, a time stamped directory is created under /var/lib/arm4/data/backup. Each of these directories can be changed using the arm4.conf configuration file.
- -h, --help
- display the command line options
- -V, --Version
- display the program version and exit
- -v, --verbose
- output diagnostic information as the program is run. This may not be suitable when running in the background as a true daemon but can be useful for debugging.
- -C, --Config config_file
- specifies a configuration file for this instance instead of using the default configuration file. The default configuration file /etc/arm4.conf is used if none is specified.
- -d, --debug
- run the daemon as a foreground process. This is primarily used for debugging.
- -s, --stats
- periodically display statistics on the message queues and database processes.
- -o, --off
- Start the agent as a "null" collector. Although the collector is active, no data is actually collected. This can be controlled using the arm4_control utility.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs at <http://www.arm4.org>
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2005-2008 David Carter <dcarter [at] arm4.org> and others. All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0 which accompanies this distribution, and is available at http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html
Linux man pages generated by: SysTutorials
Linux Man Pages Copyright Respective Owners. Site Copyright © SysTutorials. All Rights Reserved.